Bring the excitement of deep-sea exploration LIVE to your classroom or community youth organization
In partnership with AltaSea, the Ocean Exploration Trust (OET) will make the Los Angeles Waterfront the west coast home for its Community STEM Program. Through this program, students of all ages can connect with the ocean in new and innovative ways to inspire the next generation of STEM leaders.
Provided completely free to schools and organizations, broadcast capabilities aboard the Exploration Vessel (E/V) Nautilus enable students to engage in a unique two-way, live dialogue with scientists, engineers, and educators, supported with rich video content from the experience at sea.
- Contact AltaSea for details about eligibility and how to sign up your school or organization to participate
- Once your school or organization becomes an official participant, at least one educator must take part in a professional development seminar to learn how to administer the program; sessions will be held in September 2016 and January 2017
- Educators will register online to schedule when student classes will connect live with the E/V Nautilus (classes will be held March-May 2017)
- Up to 10 classrooms may participate each semester
- Hands-on support will be provided
Technical Equipment Requirements
- Wired internet connection (with a connection fast enough to load video without buffering)
- Projector / screen or display plan for incoming live video
- Speakers for incoming audio
I am interested – please provide more information